Westbay Quay is a three-building, 85-unit all-concrete condominium complex with a ground floor retail component bordered by Head, Lyall and Gore streets along Esquimalt's West Bay waterfront.
Westbay Quay's three buildings are called Topaz, Lapis and Sapphire.
This project profile is enhanced with Citified Plus to provide you with additional project data. Learn more about Citified Plus.
- Blomberg refrigerator
- 30” built-in bottom freezer, counter depth, fully integrated, cabinetry panel
- Fisher & Paykel dishwasher
- 24” double drawer, fully integrated, cabinetry panel
- Fisher & Paykel range hood
- 30”, stainless steel
- Fisher & Paykel cooktop
- 30” 5-burner, gas, stainless steel
- Fisher & Paykel built-in oven
- 30”, stainless steel
- State-of-the-art Whirlpool washer
- Ductless dryer
- Electric under-tile heated floors with programmable thermostat
- Water conserving American Standard dual flush toilets with soft closing seat
- Ceramic and glass floor to ceiling tiled shower with frameless glass in some suites
Westbay Quay's interiors are a work of art. In water colours. Brilliant, white-walled canvases with Italian ceramic floors and locally sourced glass tile in glimmering shades of Oyster Pearl, Island Fog and Sea Glass. Our selection of interior finishings allows every buyer to paint their ideal indoor setting with a palette inspired by the subtle beauty of our ultramarine surroundings. Add premium appliance packages, quartz counters, full-height backsplashes and premium hardwood flooring for interiors that rival the view.
- Your choice of three wide plank, engineered hardwood floors finishes
- Variable refrigerant flow heating and cooling system
- Wood cabinetry with premium gloss laminate doors
- 1½” quartz countertops
- Full height glass tile backsplash in kitchen
- Recessed under-cabinet LED lighting
- Video enter-phone security system
- On-site manager weekday business hours, to assist residents and manage the building operations
- State of the art fire protection and building safety systems
- Secure fob restrictive floor access
Modern roller shades with integrated valance on all exterior windows
So for sure, depending on your income, your lender may need you to put down more than 5% when it comes time to secure a mortgage. The nice thing is if you know you can manage the purchase when it’s tome for occupancy you can lock in a unit - today - with zero down.
I suspect we're going to start seeing additional projects offering 5% down payment options which give buyers another two years or so to figure out the remaining 5-10%. But I don’t think others would be willing to do what Tenfold does for first-time buyers being able to pay down a deposit with a monthly payment.
I read the second option as having to put 10% down, and the remaining 5% down when construction starts. So you still need the 15% overall.
You get 10% interest on that 15%, but I assume that is not annual, but 10% overall, which is meh, if this takes more than 2 years to complete.
The first option regarding live/work may fit what you're describing, Mike, but that won't be what most buyers want to get.
And yes, all other buyers will receive 10% on their 15% deposit. Not that that’s a massive amount, but it sure beats 0% offered at other projects where your money is locked away for 2+ years.
Somehow this project does not scream “first time buyer” to me. Esquimalt really needs to do something to attract some developers to do big, family friendly, affordable “aqua on Langford lake” style development. They are missing out on so much growth
Well, its just like everywhere else in the CRD that isnt Langford. 'Too big, too dense, too close to schools, too this, too that'. If only things were as easy across the CRD as they seem to be in Langford.
Zero-down or interest on deposit, Westbay Quay condo dev launches sales with market-leading incentives
First-time buyers can opt for a zero-down purchase at Westbay Quay while all buyers have the option of earning interest on their full deposit.
The sales launch date for Esquimalt's highly-anticipated 85-unit Westbay Quay development at the West Bay Marina waterfront has been unveiled.
An 85-unit mixed-use condominium and retail development will transform a vacant seaside lot along Esquimalt's Inner Harbour waterfront.