This project profile is enhanced with Citified Plus to provide you with additional project data. Learn more about Citified Plus.
- Contemporary interior design by acclaimed designer Sandy Nygaard of Nygaard Interior Design
- Personalize your home with two thoughtfully designed transitional colour palettes to choose from;
- Light palette combines elements oflight Oak with Alabaster and crisp whites
- Dark palette offers rich Walnut elements complemented by smokey and sandy accents
Penthouse and Sub-Penthouse features
- Over-height 11’ (Penthouses) or 10’ (Sub-Penthouses) ceilings throughout (9’ in bathrooms and kitchens)
- Skylights in kitchens, master ensuites and dens in Penthouses, and in top floor common corridors
- Built-in indoor/outdoor see through fireplace in most Penthouse homes
- Indoor fireplace in some Penthouse and all Sub Penthouse homes
- Central air heating and cooling (HVAC) in the Oaks Penthouse and Sub-Penthouse homes
- Control-4 home automation with multi-zone stereo system and LCD touchscreen
- Separate audio zones in the living room, kitchen, den and master bedroom
- Dimmable lighting system
- Power window coverings controls
- Amazon Alexa Echo provides voice control activation
- Samsung The Frame 55” TV UHD 4K Television built-in above fireplace
- shows like artwork with the ability to switch from art mode to television modes
- Over-height 8’ solid core double entry doors with matte black hardwareSolid core interior doors in most rooms
- Custom built-in millwork closets with LED lit rods in master bedrooms
- Two underground secure parking spaces for each Sub Penthouse home
- Private underground self-contained two car (side by side) garage with generous storage space for each Penthouse home
- Contemporary natural flat-panel woodgrain cabinetry with custom millwork with open shelfing, and soft-close doors and drawers
- 1 1/4” thick Caesarstone® quartz countertops
- Built-in motion-activated under cabinet accent and vanity mirror lighting
- 24” x 24” hand set porcelain tile flooring in main bath and 24” x 24” porcelain tile flooring and walls in master ensuite
- Aquabrass Misto faucets and undermount white porcelain sink
- Kohler® high-efficiency dual flush toilet
- Alcove shower with frameless glass sliding door • Matte black low-profile rainfall and detachable hand-held showerheads
- Deep profile tub in main bathroom; oversized shower with fold down seat in ensuite
- In-floor radiant heating in master ensuites.
- Custom double vanity with motion activated under-cabinet lighting
- Deep soaker free-standing tub with matte black deck-mounted or freestanding faucet and hand shower
- Separate frameless glass shower with matte black low-profile rainfall and detachable hand-held showerheads, and fold down seat
- Kohler® wall hung high-eciency toilet
- Montigo® 52” frameless built in high-eciency gas fireplace:
- High eciency multi-zone forced air heating and air conditioning in Cypress
- In-floor radiant heat in master ensuites
- In-floor radiant heating in master ensuites
- Wide-plank Oak engineered hardwood flooring with acoustical underlay throughout main living areas and bedrooms
- 100% wool carpeting in bedrooms (optional)
- Kitchen design anchored by natural flat-panel woodgrain and white painted Italian cabinetry with integrated fridge paneling and soft-close doors and drawers throughout
- Pull-out pantry in most kitchens
- 1 1/4” thick Caesarstone® quartz countertops with marbled porcelain tile backsplash
- Aquabrass Bettola single control pulldown faucet and built-in soap dispenser
- Stainless steel 1 1⁄2 bowl undermount sink
- Cabinetry drawer inserts for cutlery and built-in recycling centre and step ladder
- Recessed under-cabinet task lighting and Kuzco® modern pendant lighting above the island
- Built-in USB chargers in kitchen electrical outlets
- Gourmet appliance collection:
- 30” Wolf ® Slide-in Gas Range with Convection Oven
Premium 24” or 36” built-in refrigerator with custom integrated paneling:- Blomberg® 24” Refrigerator with bottom mount freezer in one bedroom homes- Fisher-Paykel® 36” French Door Refrigerator in two bedroom homes
30” Broan® Powerpack Range Hood with custom stainless steel surround
Fisher-Paykel® Double Dishwasher with tall top drawer
High-power Panasonic® Inverter Microwave with seamless EuroTrim kit.
- Premium gourmet appliance collection, including:
- 48” Blomberg® Refrigerator (24”side by side) with bottom mount freezer with custom integrated millwork paneling
- 36” Wolf® Gas Range Cooktop with sealed burners
- 30” Wolf® Self Cleaning Double Wall Oven
- 30” Broan® Powerpack Range Hood with custom stainless steel surround
- Fisher-Paykel® Double Dishwasher with tall top drawer
- High-power Panasonic®Inverter Microwave with seamless EuroTrim kit
- 24” Danby Silhouette® built-in wine fridge with safety lock and key in Penthouse homes.
- Encrypted keyfob entry system for a secure building
Video monitoring system provides surveillance of common areas including lobbies, the parkade, bike storage and storage lockers
Built-in wall safe in the Master walk-in closet (Penthouse and Sub-Penthouse homes)
- Abstract’s Homeowner Care program, backed by Traveler’s 2-5-10 New Home Warranty:
- 2-Year Materials and Labour
- 5-Year Building Envelope
- 10-Year Structural
- Abstract Homeowner Care orientation program
- On-call Homeowner Support
- White Illusions blinds on all windows
- Over-sized windows throughout
- Power window coverings (Penthouse and Sub-Penthouse homes)
I'm liking the brick a lot. I'd say the repetition of the townhouses might be too excessive, but otherwise this is the sharpest modern residential development in the neighbourhood by a fair margin. What else compares?*
*braces himself for the wrath of the Black and White fan club
I agree. Get some weather on there and mute it a bit and it will look fantastic. Other than my thinking that anything remotely resembling 'arts and crafts' should be firebombed, there's a nice contrast between traditional and modern on the site. Barrister hates it with a passion so I think they did well.
the nicest colour scheme here is the left outhouse.
Which unit is yours? Left or right.
Which unit is yours? Left or right.
i go back and forth to be honest. we rent them nightly on air bnb so i take the one that we do not have a paying tenant for.
Ten on the 10th 1 Year Anniversary: Real-estate development Q&A with Mike Miller of Abstract Developments
Developer Mike Miller chats about real-estate development in the Capital City.
50% sold-out, Abstract Development's 83-home project along upper Fort Street will include a new pocket park and trail connection to the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria.
The 77-unit development will situate one, two and three-bedroom condominium suites and a row of townhomes along the 1200-block of Fort Street.
Resident input has helped shape a re-envisioned development proposal for upper Fort Street's Victoria Truth Centre lands.
81 condos and ten townhomes are envisioned for a 1.8-acre property in Victoria's Rockland neighbourhood.