This project profile is enhanced with Citified Plus to provide you with additional project data. Learn more about Citified Plus.
- Contemporary interior design by acclaimed designer Sandy Nygaard of Nygaard Interior Design
- Personalize your home with two thoughtfully designed transitional colour palettes to choose from;
- Light palette combines elements oflight Oak with Alabaster and crisp whites
- Dark palette offers rich Walnut elements complemented by smokey and sandy accents
Penthouse and Sub-Penthouse features
- Over-height 11’ (Penthouses) or 10’ (Sub-Penthouses) ceilings throughout (9’ in bathrooms and kitchens)
- Skylights in kitchens, master ensuites and dens in Penthouses, and in top floor common corridors
- Built-in indoor/outdoor see through fireplace in most Penthouse homes
- Indoor fireplace in some Penthouse and all Sub Penthouse homes
- Central air heating and cooling (HVAC) in the Oaks Penthouse and Sub-Penthouse homes
- Control-4 home automation with multi-zone stereo system and LCD touchscreen
- Separate audio zones in the living room, kitchen, den and master bedroom
- Dimmable lighting system
- Power window coverings controls
- Amazon Alexa Echo provides voice control activation
- Samsung The Frame 55” TV UHD 4K Television built-in above fireplace
- shows like artwork with the ability to switch from art mode to television modes
- Over-height 8’ solid core double entry doors with matte black hardwareSolid core interior doors in most rooms
- Custom built-in millwork closets with LED lit rods in master bedrooms
- Two underground secure parking spaces for each Sub Penthouse home
- Private underground self-contained two car (side by side) garage with generous storage space for each Penthouse home
- Contemporary natural flat-panel woodgrain cabinetry with custom millwork with open shelfing, and soft-close doors and drawers
- 1 1/4” thick Caesarstone® quartz countertops
- Built-in motion-activated under cabinet accent and vanity mirror lighting
- 24” x 24” hand set porcelain tile flooring in main bath and 24” x 24” porcelain tile flooring and walls in master ensuite
- Aquabrass Misto faucets and undermount white porcelain sink
- Kohler® high-efficiency dual flush toilet
- Alcove shower with frameless glass sliding door • Matte black low-profile rainfall and detachable hand-held showerheads
- Deep profile tub in main bathroom; oversized shower with fold down seat in ensuite
- In-floor radiant heating in master ensuites.
- Custom double vanity with motion activated under-cabinet lighting
- Deep soaker free-standing tub with matte black deck-mounted or freestanding faucet and hand shower
- Separate frameless glass shower with matte black low-profile rainfall and detachable hand-held showerheads, and fold down seat
- Kohler® wall hung high-eciency toilet
- Montigo® 52” frameless built in high-eciency gas fireplace:
- High eciency multi-zone forced air heating and air conditioning in Cypress
- In-floor radiant heat in master ensuites
- In-floor radiant heating in master ensuites
- Wide-plank Oak engineered hardwood flooring with acoustical underlay throughout main living areas and bedrooms
- 100% wool carpeting in bedrooms (optional)
- Kitchen design anchored by natural flat-panel woodgrain and white painted Italian cabinetry with integrated fridge paneling and soft-close doors and drawers throughout
- Pull-out pantry in most kitchens
- 1 1/4” thick Caesarstone® quartz countertops with marbled porcelain tile backsplash
- Aquabrass Bettola single control pulldown faucet and built-in soap dispenser
- Stainless steel 1 1⁄2 bowl undermount sink
- Cabinetry drawer inserts for cutlery and built-in recycling centre and step ladder
- Recessed under-cabinet task lighting and Kuzco® modern pendant lighting above the island
- Built-in USB chargers in kitchen electrical outlets
- Gourmet appliance collection:
- 30” Wolf ® Slide-in Gas Range with Convection Oven
Premium 24” or 36” built-in refrigerator with custom integrated paneling:- Blomberg® 24” Refrigerator with bottom mount freezer in one bedroom homes- Fisher-Paykel® 36” French Door Refrigerator in two bedroom homes
30” Broan® Powerpack Range Hood with custom stainless steel surround
Fisher-Paykel® Double Dishwasher with tall top drawer
High-power Panasonic® Inverter Microwave with seamless EuroTrim kit.
- Premium gourmet appliance collection, including:
- 48” Blomberg® Refrigerator (24”side by side) with bottom mount freezer with custom integrated millwork paneling
- 36” Wolf® Gas Range Cooktop with sealed burners
- 30” Wolf® Self Cleaning Double Wall Oven
- 30” Broan® Powerpack Range Hood with custom stainless steel surround
- Fisher-Paykel® Double Dishwasher with tall top drawer
- High-power Panasonic®Inverter Microwave with seamless EuroTrim kit
- 24” Danby Silhouette® built-in wine fridge with safety lock and key in Penthouse homes.
- Encrypted keyfob entry system for a secure building
Video monitoring system provides surveillance of common areas including lobbies, the parkade, bike storage and storage lockers
Built-in wall safe in the Master walk-in closet (Penthouse and Sub-Penthouse homes)
- Abstract’s Homeowner Care program, backed by Traveler’s 2-5-10 New Home Warranty:
- 2-Year Materials and Labour
- 5-Year Building Envelope
- 10-Year Structural
- Abstract Homeowner Care orientation program
- On-call Homeowner Support
- White Illusions blinds on all windows
- Over-sized windows throughout
- Power window coverings (Penthouse and Sub-Penthouse homes)
Rusty: I urge you to buy one.
Rusty: I urge you to buy one.
Too late, already bought in the Vivid at the Yates, albeit that is another building whose exterior appearance turned out to be disappointing (a sentiment I agree with).
The camo look may be part of the enhanced safety features...see Mike, it's catching on.
The building is camouflaged so that once the landscaping is in place and the trees have leaves, you will not notice it and can "Live in nature", which was part of the design brief. LOL. :banana:
I took some time to scrutinize the controversial brickwork on this one from various vantage points both near and far. I actually don't mind it at all. Looks good with the trees that remain on the property. Dare I say it but Victoria might be back on track re: half-decently attractive brick facades, after ~50 years of botching it through self-conscious overthinking.
The brick work looks much better in-person, and the colour of the pattern is quite pleasant. It will age really, really well.
Ten on the 10th 1 Year Anniversary: Real-estate development Q&A with Mike Miller of Abstract Developments
Developer Mike Miller chats about real-estate development in the Capital City.
50% sold-out, Abstract Development's 83-home project along upper Fort Street will include a new pocket park and trail connection to the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria.
The 77-unit development will situate one, two and three-bedroom condominium suites and a row of townhomes along the 1200-block of Fort Street.
Resident input has helped shape a re-envisioned development proposal for upper Fort Street's Victoria Truth Centre lands.
81 condos and ten townhomes are envisioned for a 1.8-acre property in Victoria's Rockland neighbourhood.