The provincial government has outlined the details pertaining to $97.4 million in funding to assist in the construction of 914-units of community housing to be built throughout southern Vancouver Island.
The announcement pertains to the first phase of a nearly $2 billion undertaking in partnership with BC Housing that will help deliver as many as 14,350-units of mixed-income and affordable rental suites for individuals, independent families and seniors.
Province-wide some 4,900-units throughout 72 projects are included under the initial roll-out of the province's housing plan known as the Building BC: Community Housing Fund.
Greater Victoria's nine identified projects and allocated monies are:
- 137-units for seniors and families in Esquimalt to be developed by the Greater Victoria Housing Society ($13.7 million)
- 24-units for seniors and families in Esquimalt to be developed by the Rogers Court Society ($2.4 million)
- 80-units for families, seniors and people with disabilities in Langford to be developed by Pacifica Housing ($8 million)
- 85-units for seniors in Saanich to be developed by Dawson Heights Housing ($8.5 million)
- 155-units for individuals, families, seniors and people with disabilities in Victoria to be developed by Capital Region Housing Corporation ($15.5 million)
- 157-units for families and seniors in Victoria to be developed by the Cool Aid Society
- 130-units for Indigenous people, seniors and women and children fleeing violence in Victoria to be developed by Pacifica Housing ($19 million)
- 88-units for individuals, families and seniors in Victoria to be developed by Pacifica Housing ($8.8 million)
- 58-units for families and seniors in Victoria to be developed by the Gorge View Society ($5.8 million)
© Copyright 2018 by Citified.ca. All rights reserved.
- Stay up-to-date on all things related to affordable housing in the Capital Region with VibrantVictoria's Affordable housing in Victoria discussion thread
- Looking for a new-build home or commercial space in Victoria? Use Citified to research new-build condos, rentals and commercial spaces
- Follow Citified on Twitter
- Connect with Citified on Facebook: