June 17, 2021 update: Saanich council has approved the Doral Forest Park proposal.
Two significant development proposals with nearly 600-units of housing between them had their day before View Royal and Saanich councils yesterday evening with one receiving a green light and the other left holding short.
Developer Mike Geric Construction (MGC) will have to wait until Thursday evening for Saanich council to render its decision on Doral Forest Park, a two-building condominium comprised of an 11-storey tower and a five-storey attainable ownership lowrise, both of which are slated for the 4700-block of Elk Lake Drive. Collectively, if approved, the project will add nearly 250 homes to Saanich's Royal Oak neighbourhood.
At yesterday's public hearing the reaction from residents and stakeholders who spoke before council was mixed, with community support and opposition presented to council at a meeting that ran past midnight.
Meanwhile in View Royal council granted support for 9 Erskine Lane, a four-building rental community of five-storey apartments envisioned for an expansive property near Victoria General Hospital.
Over 330-homes are planned as part of that development. C
© Copyright 2021 by Citified.ca. All rights reserved.
- Track Doral Forest Park with Citified | Discuss Doral Forest Park on VibrantVictoria
- Track 9 Erskine Lane with Citified | Discuss 9 Erskine Lane on VibrantVictoria
- Looking for a new-build home or commercial space in Victoria? Use Citified to research new-build condos, rentals and commercial spaces
- Follow Citified on Twitter
- Connect with Citified on Facebook