Construction starts on Belmont Market Shopping Centre, Langford's newest big-box shopping destination
Published March 22, 2017
Construction on Langford’s newest big-box shopping centre has begun on the former Jacklin Road site of Belmont Secondary School.
Dubbed Belmont Market Shopping Centre, the 200,000 square foot retail complex by Sobeys Developments – bordered by Jacklin Road, Jenkins Road, Brittany Drive and the Galloping Goose Regional Trail – will be anchored by a 56,000 square foot Thrifty Foods grocery store. Some 144,000 square feet of additional retail and office space will be situated throughout the multi-acre site with a planned 860 surface parking spaces.
The project is divided into three phases of commercial development with the first phase comprised of anchor tenant Thrifty Foods and five additional retailers occupying storefronts ranging between 5,800 and 13,000 square feet. Completion of phase one is expected by late 2017 or early 2018.
A 330-unit residential component spans along the southern perimeter of the property and backs on to the Galloping Goose Regional Trail. Some 300 apartments will be spread among four woodframe buildings of five-to-six-storeys in height, while a townhome component will back on to the rear of the Thrifty Foods building near the intersection of Jenkins Road and Brittany Drive. C
Stay on top of local real-estate news with Citified's Insider Report newsletter. Click here to subscribe.
© Copyright 2017 by Citified.ca. All rights reserved.
- Track Belmont Market Shopping Centre with Citified | Discuss Belmont Market Shopping Centre on VibrantVictoria
- Use Citified to find all new-build affordable housing in the region, by using Citified's comprehensive rental housing database
- Looking for a new-build home or commercial space in Victoria? Use Citified to research new-build condos, rentals and commercial spaces
- Follow Citified on Twitter
- Connect with Citified on Facebook:
You may be interested in:
Save-On-Foods to open downtown Victoria grocery store