A $108-million mixed-use residential and commercial development on 12 acres of land overlooking the Straight of Juan de Fuca has been announced in Colwood.
Pacific Landing at Havenwood, situated along the shores of Esquimalt Lagoon and bordering Royal Roads University to the south, will eventually include 115 condos, a boutique hotel and commercial amenities envisioned to include restaurants, spas, pubs and grocery stores.
Developer Randy Royer, president of Pacific Landing Ltd., stated "our inspiration will be that people will be comfortable to grow here," and noted that the project hopes to attract not only baby boomers and retirees, but also young professionals and students.
The $7 million first phase is planned to get underway this fall and is comprised of 33 two bedroom condominium units between three buildings of three and four-storeys near the shores of the lagoon. Dubbed Dunsmuir House, Breton Place and Hatley Manor, the woodframe residences will include a maximum of four homes per floor with prices starting just below $400,000. Amenities will include a yoga studio and a cooking theatre suitable for large gatherings.
Interest in the project has been high, with Noyer confirming two-thirds of the first phase have been reserved since the project's inception.
Although details of future phases have yet to be publicly disclosed, buildings in excess of four floors may be part of the future concept as are public spaces offering access to the site's natural amenities. C
- Learn more about Pacific Landing at Havenwood on Citified | Discuss Pacific Landing at Havenwood on VibrantVictoria
- Looking for a new-build condo in Victoria? View the most comprehensive listings on Citified
- Looking for a new-build commercial space in Victoria? View the most comprehensive listings on Citified
- Follow Citified on Twitter
- Connect with Citified on Facebook: