Cox Developments is celebrating two major milestones with the start of excavation for its 13-storey rental tower and a successful reception at the City of Victoria’s Planning and Land Use Committee for its two-tower 989 Johnson condo proposal.
At the corner of Pandora Avenue and Cook Street crews have begun excavating the site of 1075 Pandora, a mixed-use 13-storey rental tower with ground floor commercial space. Rock blasting will continue for several months with construction expected to begin by early next year.
1075 Pandora will include 138 one and two bedroom apartments sized between 440 and 1,000 square feet. The ground floor will accommodate 7,800 square feet of commercial space fronting onto both streets. The project's second phase will see the construction of a 10-storey residential building overlooking the 1000-block of Johnson Street.
One block to the southwest Cox is one step closer in its bid for approvals to build a two-tower condo development, dubbed 989 Johnson, on a parking lot formerly owned by McCall Bros. Funeral Home at Johnson and Vancouver streets. On August 27th the City of Victoria’s Planning and Land Use Committee gave the project the green light and will forward it on to a public hearing sometime in the fall.
989 Johnson consists of 205 condos spread across two towers of 17- and 15-storeys connected by a six storey podium with 9,000 square feet of ground floor commercial space. If approvals are in place by late 2015 project marketing could begin by mid-to-late 2016. C
- Learn more about 1075 Pandora on Citified | Discuss 1075 Pandora on VibrantVictoria
- Learn more about 989 Johnson on Citified | Discuss 989 Johnson on VibrantVictoria
- Looking for a new-build condo in Victoria? Search the most comprehensive new-build condo database on Citified
- Looking for a new-build rental in Victoria? Search the most comprehensive new-build rental database on Citified
- Connect with Citified on Facebook
- Follow Citified on Twitter